2021 SELECTUSA YEAR IN REVIEW
In 2021 we had many firsts, milestones, challenges, and successes to celebrate at SelectUSA! Take a trip down memory lane with us to see all of our 2021 FDI accomplishments. We couldn’t have done it without you!
The 1st VIRTUAL SelectUSA Investment Summit
COVID-19 brought many new challenges to our doorstep in 2021, particularly when it came to Investment Summit planning and preparation. Our Program & Events team worked around the clock to create an interactive virtual environment to host the 2021 Investment Summit, ensuring that the experience and benefits of attending remained, while attendees remained safe from COVID-19. See all of our 2021 Investment Summit firsts and successes:
- In addition to it being SelectUSA’s 1st fully virtual Investment Summit, it was also the first ever Investment Summit with representation from every single state and territory in the U.S.
- The Select Global Women in Tech (SGWIT) Mentorship Network launched at the 2021 Investment Summit, and is returning this year at the 2022 Investment Summit. Geared towards international female founders, entrepreneurs, and executives in the technology sector, SGWIT participants participate in matchmaking with mentors to help them see success when entering the U.S. market.
- For the first time, the Investment Summit hosted 27 interactive small-group workshops with more than 800 active participants and 13 unique pitching sessions, with over 100 early-stage tech companies showcasing their products to the audience. We are looking forward to more pitches in 2022!
- U.S. President Joe Biden delivered remarks, emphasizing the importance of FDI. In addition, we had 8 Cabinet Members and 28 U.S. Governors speak.
Registration for the 2022 SelectUSA Investment Summit is NOW LIVE! Join us in-person June 26-29, 2022 as the annual Investment Summit returns to the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland.
2017 SelectUSA Summit
June 18 – 20, 2017
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, Maryland 20745
Located minutes from Downtown Washington DC
National Harbor, Maryland
Who should attend
Representatives from the following organizations will greatly benefit from attending the SelectUSA Summit:
- Investors, including representative of international and domestic businesses of all sizes, that are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States
- Representatives of U.S. economic development organizations
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, service providers, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating direct investment into the United States
The Summit is the highest-profile event that promotes foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. It provides an unparalleled opportunity to bring together companies from all over the world, economic development organizations from every corner of the nation, others working to facilitate investment in the United States, and high-level government officials. Participants can find the practical tools, information, and connections they need to move investments forward.